Thursday, December 11, 2008

Artist Statement

This is my Portfolio for my first Photography class. In this you will find all the photos I have taken and worked on in Photoshop. I like having these portfolios that way everyone is able to see how well were doing and our talents. In them we have our Halloween projects in here, project when we were first starting off and learning how to use the cameras. Although it is a class I have, I like coming to it and learning how to do all of these immaculate photos. Also I believe our wonderful teacher has a lot to do with it too. She keeps us chipper and happy ready and wanting to do a great job on these projects and make her proud.

I have learned many things in this class, especially in Photoshop. I do believe it’s one of the best things to have on a computer and is a lot of fun. We learned how to make our emphasis, one that actually stands out. Also how to take a picture and have it be an artistic photograph, instead of just a randomly good snap shot. As you can see in my portfolio I have had a lot of improvement from when I first started this class and now. I look at how I’m going to take the picture more and exactly how I want my emphasis instead of it just being every where. I do believe I can improve in my themes or some of my compositions such as Rule of thirds.

In this class I think I was most successful with photoshop. I caught on quick of how to use it. Were able to do soo many things with it and really use our imaginations. We used photoshop on almost all of our pictures and I believe by using it in my pictures; it enhanced them so much. Now even though I did well in one thing I did struggle with having a big enough image in my head with taking the photos. I could never really think of what poses I wanted or where I wanted it to be. Next semester I hope I won’t have as many problems with it as this semester.

This class has been great so far, we’ve learned so many things and I can’t wait to find out what were going to learn next semester. I have a great teacher that helps everyone with all of ideas and a great Partner (Brandon) that helps me fulfill the ideas of pictures I want. So if you want to keep track of how I’m doing and how well I’m improving, just look at my portfolio every now and then. I keep it up dated with all of our projects. Hope you like it and everyone else’s in my class.

2 comments:

Miss Cook said...

I am very impressed with your improvement. As you start at the bottom of the page you see your projects become progressively braver and stronger. I appreciate all the hard work and thought you put into each project. I love your Haunted Chavez concept, it makes me laugh every time I look at it. Poor unsuspecting teacher. I also think your Lyric project turned out quite beautiful. Keep up the great work, I look forward to your continual upward swing!

Anonymous said...

this looks great-very impressed with the talent i see coming over time, good job. especially like the lyrics photo-looks inspirational and very light hearted.